Do you EQ?May 15, 2018
Do you EQ? Not sure what EQ is? Read on…
For the last 15 years I have been using the Electric Quilt software to design quilts. I started with EQ5. Using the EQ software has been not only fun but a valuable part of my design work for quilts.
Electric Quilt have released EQ8 which is in my opinion the very best version so far.
Included in the EQ8 pack are;
- 6,700 copyright-free blocks
- 6,200 scanned fabrics
- Traditional and modern layouts
- Block drawing capabilities
- Photo editing tools
- Online help videos and lessons
This software is easy to use to enable you to design your own quilts, table runners, cushions, photo quilts etc. With built in fabrics or the ability to scan in your own fabrics, you can colour in your projects to see exactly what they will look like when finished.
You are also able to;
- Print foundation patterns
- Print applique patterns (if you own a Brother ScanNcut you can print the designs without a seam line ready to scan into your ScanNCut)
- Print templates
- Print rotary cutting instructions
- The software will also calculate the fabric requirements for you
All this and so much more, but the best part is that you can easily design your own project using all of the built in designs. This is a really fun part of the patchwork process.
Check out these designs.
Why not treat yourself so that you too can ‘play’ during these cold winter months that are nearly here.
If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call 03 5221 3034